Our new foodies collection celebrates our love of cooking at home. We think there’s something so soothing and inspiring about getting in the kitchen and creating something from scratch. Put on some music or a podcast and really embrace the rituals of cooking something special, then share it with love.
To get you started, we wanted to share this quick and easy Swedish berry and yogurt loaf cake.
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
120g soft butter
pinch of salt
200g caster sugar (or use a sugar alternative like 2tbsp of rice malt syrup)
zest and juice of 1 large lemon
2 large eggs
50g ground almonds
200g fresh raspberries
100ml plain yogurt (use coconut yogurt as a dairy alternative)
50ml plain yogurt
250g icing sugar
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (cream just butter if using rice malt syrup, then add in)
4. Beat in eggs, yogurt until well combined. Then fold in dry ingredients including ground almonds.
5. Stir well by hand to combine. Fold in raspberries.
6. Bake for 40 minutes until cake is light and golden. Cover with tin foil and bake for a further 15 minutes. Test with a skewer to check whether fully baked before removing from oven. Cool for 10 minutes in tin, then transfer to a wire wrack.
7. For icing, simply beat yogurt and butter together until well combined. Then slowly beat in icing sugar in small batches. Add to cake once cool.
Decorate with icing sugar, extra berries and sprigs of thyme.
Feeling ready to get creative in the kitchen? Discover our Hemglat Collection here.