Kristina initially came across this episode’s inspiring guest, New Zealand filmmaker and dream chaser Fraser Grut, after her son Axel, said “Mum, you would love this guy! He’s all about dreaming!” – and he was right!
Ever since learning about Fraser, Kristina could not wait to have him on the podcast to talk about his own amazing dream. On a mission to inspire people to pursue their dreams, Fraser has chosen to spend half his life capturing the dreams of the world. Back in 2016, at the age of 22, he started this mission, which is to ask one person every day, for 10,000 days, “What is your dream?”
Just 26 years old at the time of this podcast recording, Fraser will be 50 when his mission is complete, having spent about a quarter of his life capturing people’s dreams. Just amazing!
Like Kristina, Fraser believes that everyone has the right to dream and aims to build a culture around the importance of pursuing them, no matter who you are. So far, Fraser has captured the dreams of Prime Ministers including Jacinda Ardern, more than 400 celebrities including everyone from Elmo from Sesame Street to Dr Jane Goodall, as well as kids, the elderly, people of various race, religion and disabilities, refugees, homeless people, billionaires, Olympians, Oscar winners and even an astronaut – wow!
As you can imagine, he and Kristina had plenty to talk about and we hope you love hearing about Fraser’s wonderful journey to achieve his dream. as much as we did! Get ready to be inspired by this episode, where you’ll discover:
- Why Fraser decided to embark on this inspiring mission and what he’s learned so far!
- Some of the most impactful dreams people have shared with him
- That the journey is as important as the end goal – no matter what that is. So, enjoy the journey!
- How tough periods in life are there to teach you something, and more often than not, good will come after them!
- The importance of never giving up or taking no for an answer. No matter how much you want to quit
- How by doing something you’re passionate about, you’re driven to do it, especially through the difficult times
- That we all have self-doubt, but if you love what you do, you’ll be able to find something within you to keep going, no matter what
- How sadly, our big crazy dreams from childhood change and become a little more realistic as we grow up
- The importance of a support network and surrounding yourself with people who will encourage and support you
- The power of listening to your gut and following your intuition, and so much more!
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review! If you’re new to this podcast, and are looking for a world of inspiration, be sure to check out our previous episodes of Your Dream Life podcast.
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
“I could listen to people’s dreams all day, and I truly encourage everyone, when you get a moment, to check out Fraser’s Instagram which is @frasergrut where you’ll find all the dreams he’s captured so far. It’s a beautiful collection of dreams, both big and small, from people all over the world. Who knows? Maybe it will help inspire some dreams of your own!” Kristina Karlsson
“Hearing about Fraser’s journey of pursuing this dream – which hasn’t always been easy – is a wonderful reminder of the importance of never giving up. But also, the importance of finding something you’re truly passionate about so you’ll keep persisting with it no matter what happens.” Kristina Karlsson
Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them! Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
As we come to the end of 2020, a year that has challenged and sadly continues to challenge our world more than any in recent history, from all of us at kikki.K, we wish you a happy and safe Christmas and Holiday Season. We know this year is very different and challenging for many of you, and we hope you and your loved ones are safe and well. We’re thinking of the many people who cannot be with their nearest and dearest at this time and we hope that 2021 will be a better year for everyone. Take care, look after each other and stay safe.