This episode Kristina catches up with the incredibly inspiring duo, Nadia Narain and Katia Narain Philips – sisters, friends, co-authors and wellness gurus whose simple and achievable advice on self-care is taking the world by storm. As true wellness pioneers, they have both spent decades helping others to feel their best, but are the first to admit it took them a bit longer to learn to care for themselves.
Originating from slightly different disciplines when it comes to nourishing body and mind, these two wonderful women eventually discovered how complimentary both their worlds were when combined.
Nadia is one of the UK’s top yoga teachers, known for her range of bestselling DVDs and also has her own range of chemical-free candles and perfumes. And Katia has worked in wellness, food and massage for more than twenty years and also runs the innovative Nectar Café in London.
In their first best-selling book, Self-Care for the Real World, they share small, achievable steps they picked up over a lifetime’s journey towards self-care, and share how you can apply them to your life, wherever you are.
Through their journey, they have discovered that practicing simple daily rituals can help us to press the pause button on the pace of modern life, and in their most recent book, Rituals for Everyday, you’ll find a collection of some of their favourite rituals you can apply to your daily life.
In this amazing episode, you’ll also discover…
- Simple tips for self-care and living a happier, healthier life
- How to change the conversation you have with yourself for the positive, and start treating yourself with more kindness
- That it’s okay to ask for support when you need it
- The power of making small, positive and sustainable changes, rather than committing to huge unattainable ones
- The importance of finding your tribe and surrounding yourself with people who believe in you
- The benefits of scheduling time for self-care and time to pause and reflect in your days
- That you can make time for self-care whenever it suits you – there is no right or wrong time, and so much more!
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
“I love how Nadia and Katia both agree that changing the conversation we have with ourselves is such an important way to change our mindset.” Kristina Karlsson
“By treating ourselves with kindness, being proud of ourselves and celebrating our achievements, we can begin to see ourselves in a more positive light and be grateful for all we have.” Kristina Karlsson
- Self-Care for The Real World, Nadia Narain and Katia Narain Phillips: https://nadiaandkatia.com/
- Rituals for Every Day, Nadia Narain and Katia Narain Phillips: https://nadiaandkatia.com/
- How to Own the Room, Viv Groskop: https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/111/1117056/how-to-own-the-room/9781787631120.html
- A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as if it WereYour Last, Stephen Levine: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/371830.A_Year_to_Live
- Feminists Don’t Wear Pink and Other Lies, Scarlett Curtis: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40174593-feminists-don-t-wear-pink-and-other-lies
- Notes on a Nervous Planet, Matt Hague: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40174593-feminists-don-t-wear-pink-and-other-lies
- Anna Jones Cookbooks: http://annajones.co.uk/my-books
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them!
Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers