Introducing the wonderfully calm and inspiring yogi, author and wellness guru, Michael James Wong – a man truly on a mission to break down barriers, smash stereotypes and bring the global wellness community together in a calmer and quieter conversation.
Michael is the founder and visionary behind Just Breathe – the first modern meditation community in London, where people of like mind come together to breathe. He is also the mastermind behind the Boys of Yoga community – a global movement helping to encourage more guys to the yoga mat.
As a lifestyle advocate, community leader, international yoga teacher, meditation guide, acclaimed speaker and most recently, author of the book Sit Down, Be Quiet – Michael hopes to inspire more people, especially men, to the yoga mat and bring about a more mindful way of living.
Recognised around the world as a leading voice for modern mindfulness, he is focused on creating community, connection and quiet in the real world.
And in this wonderful episode, you’ll discover…
- The importance of community, finding a sense of belonging and being a part of something that connects you with other like-minded humans
- That yoga is for everyone – and how to overcome that fear of the unknown when it comes to trying something new
- The benefits of creating more mindful moments in our days so we can step away from the noise and turn the volume down on our lives
- The power of feeling and expressing gratitude as well as being kinder and supporting each other
- How to understand the value in doing less and how to focus on just one thing at a time.
- The benefits of slowing down and taking time for your overall wellbeing, and so much more!
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers.
“I really admire the way Michael is smashing stereotypes on a mission to encourage everyone – not just men – to embrace yoga, mindfulness, and really take the time to focus on their overall wellbeing.” Kristina Karlsson
“Something else that really resonated with me was the idea that by finding what you love, what inspires you, and really focusing on that, you can move closer to living a life you love.” Kristina Karlsson
- Michael James Wong: http://www.michaeljameswong.com/
- Sit Down, Be Quiet: A Modern Guide to Yoga and Mindful Living, Michael James Wong: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35720382-sit-down-be-quiet
- Boys of Yoga: http://www.boysofyoga.com/
- Just Breathe Project: https://www.justbreatheproject.com/
- Just Breathe App: https://justbreatheapp.com/
- Still Space – Melbourne: https://www.stillspacecommunity.com/
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them!
Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers