Janine Allis – the hugely successful businesswoman behind global juice bar sensation, Boost Juice, the name behind countless other business ventures and most recently a contestant on Australian Survivor – joins Kristina in this refreshing and inspiring episode where they discuss the resilience needed to start and run your own business, how working hard and tapping into your inner-strength is key to creating the life you want and the importance of remembering that we’re all just humans trying to do the best we can every day.
Well known for her adventurous spirit, her resilience and her get-it-done attitude, she has become one of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs – named Telstra Businesswoman of the year twice, with many other business accolades to her name!
Surprisingly, Janine didn’t start her career as an entrepreneur. After leaving school at just 16, with no formal training as such, her success story has been anything but overnight.
Prior to her success as an entrepreneur, Janine’s career spanned across everything from a media assistant at an advertising agency to modelling, nannying in France, working as a promotions executive in Portugal, a camp counsellor in the USA, a stewardess on David Bowie’s yacht, a touring agent for USA comedians – and this was all well before Boost Juice was even a thought!
A mother of four, author of her best-selling book, The Accidental Entrepreneur, an investing Shark on Australia’s Shark Tank, and host of her own podcast – Superwomen We Ain’t – Janine is never one to shy away from a challenge, most recently jumping right out of her comfort zone as one of the contestants on Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders!
Janine has been a huge source of inspiration for kikki.K – as well as for Kristina personally – and their honest and candid chat is one we hope you’ll find full of wisdom and inspiration.
In this episode, you will discover:
- That you will gain the most in life by just going for it – being courageous, making mistakes, learning from them and going for it again!
- Why starting and succeeding in business takes resilience and a deep inner strength
- The importance of innovating with the times when it comes to staying relevant in business
- The power of learning, and arming yourself with as much knowledge as you can
- That if you have a love and passion for your work, you’ll be able to give it your all, without it feeling like a chore
- The importance of taking time to consider what you really want your life to look like
- That even the world’s most successful people are human and make mistakes, just like we do
- The benefits of blocking out time for yourself, no matter how busy you are, and so much more!
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
“I just love how aligned we are on the idea that everything starts with a dream. And also, the importance of remembering that life is short – and that you have to really think about what you want in life, and make sure you go and chase that!”
“As Janine says, it really is all about mindset. You really can achieve anything you set your mind to, if you’re passionate, resilient and work hard at it.”
- Janine Allis: https://www.janineallis.com.au/
- Superwomen We Aint podcast: https://www.janineallis.com.au/podcast/
- The Accidental Entrepreneur, Janine Allis: https://www.janineallis.com.au/get-janines-book/
- AI Superpowers, Kai Fu-Lee: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38242135-ai-superpowers
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them!
Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers