There’s an art to writing the perfect love letter. Before we could communicate instantly with selfies and Snapchat, letter writing was the only way to reach out and reconnect – and we still think it’s the best! So much joy is brought to both the sender and receiver. The act of setting aside some time to pause and express ourselves really helps us to live in the moment and be grateful, while receiving a letter makes us feel loved and special.
So to help you send the perfect love mail this Valentine’s Day, we thought we’d share some of our favourite letter writing tips!
1. Start by expressing your reason for writing – You may be writing to a family member or friend, so start by letting them know why you wanted to send them a note or card. It could be something as simple as wishing them a Happy Valentine’s Day! Or perhaps you’re writing to reconnect with someone you’ve not spoken to in a while, so let them know that they’re in your thoughts.
2. Tell them something you love about them – Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to shower your loved ones with compliments. It could be their amazing baking skills, or the fact that they always have a smile on their face – just let them know how appreciated they are.
3. Share a memory – From first dates to fun holidays, remind them of a time you look back on fondly. Then suggest doing something similar again!
4. Tell them how they’ve changed your life – February is the month of love so take a moment to express your gratitude for all of the wonderful things they do. They’ll be so touched to hear how their actions have affected you.
5. Finish with the perfect gift or gesture – Whether you surprise them with flowers or take them to see a movie, why not complete your gesture by doing something that makes your loved ones feel extra special?