At kikki.K, we love World Gratitude Day, as it’s an important reminder to us all to pause, take a moment and remember all the wonderful things we have to be grateful for in our lives. Here are just some of our favourite, and very simple, ways to embrace more gratitude in your everyday.
By embracing gratitude, not just by recognising what you’re grateful for, but by expressing it too, you can positively impact all areas of your life.
The benefits of living a more thankful way of life are many. When we really pause to reflect on our lives, we realise we have so much to be grateful for. But how often do we take the time to do this? To focus on the positives and take time to appreciate your life.
No matter how big or small, unique or challenging, making a point of treasuring moments in your day will help change your outlook on life for the positive.
Here are just a few of the most common benefits to keep in mind…
– Gratitude enhances happiness, which in turn, can have a positive effect on all areas of your life.
– When you focus on the positive, you are training your mind to think positively, and thinking positively leads to thinking happy.
– Research suggests that writing in a Gratitude Journal for just a few minutes a day can increase individual wellbeing by over 10%!
– Expressing gratitude has been shown to decrease stress levels and improve relationships, both personal and professional – as both parties can feel valued and loved.
– Gratitude helps us live in the present and see the beauty around us.
With the above in mind, we don’t want anyone to feel overwhelmed by the idea of embracing more gratitude, especially as there are some really small and simple ways you can invite more gratitude into your everyday.
This World Gratitude Day, why not try one – or all – of these simple practises below and experience the benefits for yourself?
1. Set a little time aside each day (it can be as little as 5 minutes) to reflect on the things youʼre most thankful for. Choose a quiet space where you can reflect on your life and finish this sentence:
Three things I’m grateful for today are…..
2. Start a Gratitude Journal that you write in every day. You can use the above sentence as a prompt, or you can get even deeper and use these questions to spark inspiration:
– Who are you thankful to have in your life, and why?
– What are you grateful to have in your life, and why?
– What experiences are you happy to have had?
3. Start a gratitude message group with your friends, where you list the three things you’re grateful for each day, and share it with each other. There can be so much gained from sharing the things you’re thankful for, and also hearing what others appreciate in life.
5. Be mindful of moments in each day, and if something wonderful happens, take the time to celebrate it. Even if it’s just a small minute where you smile to yourself about something you’ve achieved – be grateful it happened and let that gratitude sink in.
6. Say ‘thank you’ when you feel grateful for someone, and give meaningful compliments to show people you love and care for them. As William Arthur Ward once said…
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
Remember, there is always something to be grateful for and expressing this appreciation really can change your outlook on life for the better.
From all of us at kikki.K, Happy World Gratitude Day – we’re so grateful for all of you.
If you’re looking for some beautiful products to help you embrace more gratitude, here are some of our favourites: