Recorded in Dr Tererai Trent’s home village of Matau in rural Zimbabwe, this incredible episode is an insight into the positive impact the Tererai Trent International Foundation is having, helping to change the future of children in these poor, rural areas, empowering women and providing universal access to quality education for all children, regardless of their gender or socio-economic backgrounds.
These children have been given such hope thanks to Tererai and the generous support her foundation receives – and they continue to break through the barriers of poverty to chase their dreams of education and equality.
Not only did Kristina get to tick off one of her huge dreams, which was to visit Tererai – and the students and schools she is helping – but through the kikki.K community we have also been able to help with donations of much-needed funds and stationery items to help the children of 12 schools Tererai has created in rural Zimbabwe.
If you’re not familiar with Dr Tererai Trent and her story of dreaming big and chasing dreams, please to take a moment before this episode to listen to our very first episode of Your Dream life Podcast.
Tererai’s story is one of the most amazing you will ever come across. It’s the perfect example of the strength of the human spirit and the incredible power of dreaming.
For Kristina, meeting the school children in these poverty-stricken rural areas – and seeing how our help is so very needed – was heartbreaking, but also so inspiring.
In this wonderful episode you will learn…
- How kikki.K and Tererai Trent International are working together to help change the future for the children of her village
- The positive impact Tererai’s foundation is having – and how you too can help
- The power of belief, hope and writing your dreams on paper
- The importance of inspiring the younger generation to challenge inequality and think outside the box
- The true impact of sharing your dreams and helping others achieve theirs
- How you can use adversity and difficult times to find inspiration and rise up
- And that no matter what circumstances you’re coming from, you can achieve everything you dream!
“There is so much work that still needs to be done. But seeing the progress so far and the hope the children have inspires me even more to help as much as we can.” Kristina Karlsson
“To me, Tererai is an angel. And by listening to our brief chat, I hope you can get a little insight into how amazing she is, and the wonderful work she is doing to make the world a better place – for all.” Kristina Karlsson
Apologies for the background noise throughout this episode. Kristina was lucky enough to meet with Tererai at one of the schools her foundation helps, so you can understand there is a lot of noise from the children laughing and chatting throughout their chat. Hopefully it won’t be too distracting and will make you feel like you are right there with them.
Kristina was so inspired and moved by Tererai’s incredible story that kikki.K is donating US$1 from the sale of every copy of Kristina’s book, Your Dream Life Starts Here to the Tererai Trent International Foundation.
Kristina’s dream is to be able to help Tererai build on the generous foundational support she received from Oprah Winfrey and support her dream of providing universal access to quality education for children, regardless of their gender or socio-economic backgrounds.
We are so happy to say that kikki.K has donated almost US$60,000 so far, and hope to raise US $1 Million dollars!
kikki.K x Tererai Trent She Shines Collection
And don’t forget, we have collaborated with Tererai on a very exciting kikki.K range which is available for pre-sale online at kikki-k.com now.
This She Shines collection features beautiful products inspired by Tererai’s rituals and dreaming practice – and encourages us all to follow our true passion and find our purpose.
kikki.K will also be sharing a percentage of profit from the sale of ALL She Shines products with Tererai, to help her continue to do the amazing work she is doing.
- Tererai Trent International https://tererai.org/
- Help raise funds for a bore hole and hand pump for Musukwi Primary school in rural Zimbabwe, to give them access to fresh water: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kids-get-water-in-zimbabwe?
- An Awakened Woman, Tererai Trent https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/she-shines/pre-order-the-awakened-woman-by-dr-tererai-trent-she-shines-11238601.html?
- The Girl who Buried her Dreams in a Can, Tererai Trent https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/she-shines/pre-order-the-girl-who-buried-her-dreams-in-a-can-she-shines-11238901.html?
- Tererai x kikki.K She Shines Collaboration Collection: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/she-shines/
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html