There’s a reason our DIY Album is one of our all-time favourites at kikki.K – it’s perfect for creating beautiful keepsakes for yourself, or unique gifts for loved ones, and is so incredibly versatile! We love it so much we thought we’d share our favourite ways to use yours.
Whether you’re a crafty-to-the-bone creative wizard or simply like to add a little DIY to your life every now and then, you can do it all – or even just a little – with our DIY Album, and end up with a beautifully handcrafted memento.
From the minimalist lover to lovers of creative layers, from photo albums with a personal touch to recipe books, guest books and so much more, our DIY Album will help you create the ultimate keepsake or meaningful gift, no matter what your style. And now they come in four beautiful colours – black, white, vintage rose and mint! Here are some beautiful ways to customise yours.
DIY Recipe Book
There’s something so special about a collection of favourite recipes, whether they be family meals passed down through the generations, experimental recipes or even snippets from blogs, Pinterest or magazines. For all the foodies out there, our DIY album is a beautiful way to display all your favourite recipes while tapping into your creativity at the same time.
Our Top Tips
- Create a family recipe book as the ultimate memento to treasure forever
- Include photos of your finished recipes. Use decorative tape to attach them for a special touch
- Create a contents page and number each page of your album for easy reference
- Why not try using adhesive notes or tabs to separate sections into snacks, main meals, desserts for example?
- Jot down special memories or notes as well as recipes. Make your album truly yours.
DIY Photo Album
As the old saying goes, a picture speaks a thousand words, but in our increasingly digital world, many of our photos languish forgotten on our phones or computer where their true value can be lost. Why not set them free and keep your precious memories alive with a DIY Photo Album? The perfect, meaningful gift idea for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries or any other special occasion, a DIY album full of memories is something to treasure forever.
Our Top Tips
- Get creative with details using alphabet stickers and decorative paper tape
- Use adhesive dots to ensure your photos stay in place, or get creative with stickers for a creative way to attach photos
- Store little mementos with a DIY Envelope from our Paper Lover’s Book. It’s the perfect place to store extra photos, ticket stubs, letters and more
- Decorate your album with your favourite quote cards, empowerment cards and more
- Record dates, stories and memories using beautifully coloured pastel or metallic gel pens
DIY Memory Book
There are few things more special than receiving a heartfelt note from a loved one, so what better way to show someone you care than with a gorgeous memory book full of personal, hand-written messages and memories? Perfect for farewells, birthdays, anniversaries and more, creating a memory book is such a beautiful and personal project that’s sure to fill any recipient (and giver!) with joy.
Our Top Tips
- Add the recipient’s name on the cover using gorgeous alphabet stickers for a personal touch
- Ask as many people as you can to write in the memory book, recording stories and memories using a smooth white pen
- Or why not ask people to write in their favourite greeting cards, then include those in the album for an extra layer of creativity
- Use adhesive dots to ensure your photos and cards stay in place or get creative with decorative tape and stickers for a creative way to attach photos
- Express yourself with quote cards, empowerment cards and more
Other Delicious DIY Album Ideas
Did we mention this album was versatile? It really can be used to create special keepsakes and meaningful gifts for any occasion – the only limit is your imagination. Here are some other ideas we love:
- Wedding guest book
- Hand-drawn/crafted children’s book
- Beautiful travel journal
- Gratitude album
- A photo-a-day journal
- Turn it into a book full of anything you wish!
If you’re inspired to embrace your creativity, grab our DIY Album and discover DIY paper crafts, stickers and other creative tidbits online and in store today and create your own beautiful keepsakes to treasure forever. How will you use yours?