This episode, Kristina speaks to the incredible Kath Kochel – founder of the Kindness Factory, former professional cricketer and Iron man competitor, and a truly inspiring woman.
The challenges Kath has faced in life are beyond what most people could ever imagine, and yet despite her unbelievable setbacks and struggles, her resilience has allowed her not only to overcome these challenges, but also see the good in the world when most others couldn’t.
Kath has defied all medical prognoses by teaching herself to walk on three separate occasions. And despite facing other serious personal, mental and physical setbacks, after all if it, she founded the not-for-profit Kindness Factory in 2015, with a goal of encouraging and inspiring 1 million acts of kindness – Inspiring the world to be kind and share their kindness.
To date, she has raised close to half-a-million dollars for various charity organisations and was the recipient of the 2016 Pride of Australia Medal for showing courage in the face of extreme adversity.
In January 2017, Kath was awarded the Young Australian Medal and the people’s choice of Australia award.
In this super inspiring episode, you will hear all about Kath’s remarkable journey, the challenges she’s overcome, the huge positive change she’s spreading around the world, as well as:
- How Kath chased her childhood dream of playing Cricket for Australia
- Her strength, determination and resilience
- The sheer power of gratitude and expressing it
- The benefits of really taking the time to recognise the people who’ve been there for you in your life
- The amazing power and simplicity of kindness
- The importance of paying forward the kindness you’ve been shown in life
- That we should never underestimate what we are struggling with – we are all unique and things will affect us differently
- The importance of understanding your values and identifying the things you simply can’t live without
- The power of being authentically you, and so much more!
“I have met many people in my life who have been through challenges and overcome struggles in their life, but Kath’s story of grit, resilience and embracing kindness and gratitude to get her through her toughest moments is one of the most incredible I have ever heard.” Kristina Karlsson
“There is no doubt that every little bit of kindness counts, no matter how small! And I hope this episode has inspired you to embrace more kindness in your life, every single day. Remember, you really can change your life, or someone else’s with the smallest kind gesture.” Kristina Karlsson
If this episode of kindness has really resonated with you, we think you’ll love our Grow with Kindness collection available in our kikki.K stores as well as online at kikki-k.com. It’s full of beautiful stationery, accessories and gifts just perfect for helping us all embrace a little more kindness in our days.
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
If you’re new to this podcast, and are looking for a world of inspiration, be sure to check out our previous episodes of Your Dream Life podcast.
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
Please note: If anything discussed in this episode has raised any issues for you or someone you know, you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14, Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or find a number of other helpful support services available at www.ruok.org.au/findhelp
- @kathkoschel: https://www.instagram.com/kathkoschel
- Kindness Factory: https://kindnessfactory.com/kindness-factory/
- Kindness Curriculum: https://www.thekindnesscurriculum.com/teachers/kath-koschel/
- @kindnessfactory: https://www.instagram.com/kindnessfactory/
- Join Kristina’s Digital Dream Life Course here: https://www.yourdreamlifestartshere.com/
- Join Kristina’s FREE Dare to Dream Workshop here: https://www.yourdreamlifestartshere.com/
- Explore our Dream Life movement here: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Your Dream Life with Kristina Karlsson Facebook Podcast Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yourdreamlifepodcast/
- kikki.K Grow with Kindness Collection: https://bit.ly/3wfpgGy
Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them! Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers