After meeting Dr Elise Bialylew at a recent event, Kristina was so inspired she just had to invite her onto the podcast right away. Which brings us to this week’s wonderfully inspiring episode!
Author of the #1 best-selling meditation book, The Happiness Plan, and founder of Mindful in May, Elise is also a coach, meditation teacher and social entrepreneur who, after training as a doctor and psychiatrist, left the hospital wards to pursue a deeper calling.
In 2012 she founded Mindful in May – the world’s largest online global mindfulness campaign that teaches thousands of people each year to meditate whilst raising funds to build clean water projects in the developing world.
Elise always wanted to help people and make a difference, and her shift into mindfulness was driven by a scientific fascination with the mind and how we can use it to improve our overall wellness. Passionate about supporting individuals and organisations to develop inner tools to flourish, Elise offers workshops and training at The Mind Life Project as well.
There are so many wonderful inspiring moments throughout this episode, where you will hear all about Elise’s journey, as well as:
- The importance of community in all that we do
- The science behind meditation, why we should meditate and the benefits it can bring to your life
- How mindfulness may assist in reducing anxiety and depression
- Tips on meditation – especially if you’ve never meditated before
- The benefits of kindness
- Simple ways to incorporate more gratitude into your life
- That it’s okay to give yourself a break when you’re feeling overwhelmed
- The importance of asking for help and reaching out to people to support you, no matter what you’re striving for, and so much more!
“And don’t forget, Mindful in May is also coming up – I’ll be joining so be sure to check out our notes below for how you can sign up and join Elise this May as well.” Kristina Karlsson
“I’m such a lover of meditation and truly feel the benefits from it in my life every single day. I have also read Elise’s book, The Happiness Plan multiple times and I encourage everyone to read it if you haven’t already.” Kristina Karlsson
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
If you’re new to this podcast, and are looking for a world of inspiration, be sure to check out our previous episodes of Your Dream Life podcast.
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
- Mindful in May: https://www.mindfulinmay.org/
- The Mind Life Project: https://mindlifeproject.com/
- The Happiness Plan, Dr Elise Bialylew: https://mindlifeproject.com/buythehappinessplan/?
- Tiny Habits, B.J. Fogg: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43261127-tiny-habits?
- The Wealthy Gardener, John Soforic: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42071647-the-wealthy-gardener?
- The Upside of Stress, Kelly McGonigal: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23281639-the-upside-of-stress
- The One Life We’re Given, Mark Nepo: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27274379-the-one-life-we-re-given
- Why We Sleep, Matthew Walker: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34466963-why-we-sleep
- kikki.K Gratitude Journal
- kikki.K Mindfulness Journal
- kikki.K Kindness Toolkit
- Download Kristina’s FREE 66 Habit Ideas You Can Start Today
- Join Kristina’s 66-Day Habit Challenge Club here: https://www.yourdreamlifestartshere.com/
- Join Kristina’s Digital Dream Life Course here: https://www.yourdreamlifestartshere.com/
- Explore our Dream Life movement here: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Your Dream Life with Kristina Karlsson Podcast Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yourdreamlifepodcast/
- kikki.K Notebooks
- kikki.K Journals
- kikki.K Pens