For many years, Kristina Karlsson has been inspired by the story of Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Malala Yousafzai, and how she continues to fight for what she believes in. As well as the wonderful work the Malala Fund foundation do for girl’s education around the world.
In this amazing episode, Kristina was lucky enough to be joined by one of Malala Fund’s Education Champions, the very inspiring Lalah Rukh Fazal-Ur-Rahman. Malala Fund believes that real change for girls’ education happens at the local level, and through their programmes, they invest in Education Champions just like Lalah, who are challenging the policies and practices that prevent girls from going to school in their communities.
Originally from Pakistan, Lalah studied molecular biology and biotechnology at university, and is on a mission to engage more girls in Science, Technology and Maths education. In 2016, she founded Science Fuse, a social enterprise working to make quality science education accessible to marginalised students in Punjab, Pakistan.
Through her work as an Education Champion, Lalah, with the help of Malala Fund, is helping to change social norms in Pakistan so girls can have more access to quality education and technology, as well as make science fun, creative and engaging for everyone – just amazing!
Keep listening to this inspiring episode, where you will discover:
- How education should be a basic human right for every child, but sadly isn’t
- The importance of investing in quality education for all children, everywhere
- How the global pandemic has impacted the work of Malala Fund’s Education Champions, and how they’re adapting to a more online platform
- How Lalah and others like her are changing the mindsets of people in areas where girls’ education was previously not an option or the norm
- The importance of investing in education, and how that can truly change the world
- The many challenges Lalah has faced within her family and her culture purely because she is a female
- The importance of having the support of loved ones as you pursue your dreams, and how important this was for Lalah
- How Malala Yousafzai’s story inspired Lalah’s life and her dream to create positive change
- How important it is for us all to learn about the work that is happening in other parts of the world to help girls gain access to quality education.
- That it’s not always easy to chase your dreams, but that passion and the support of those around you will keep you moving forward
- The importance of not letting fear hold you back
- The incredible work of the Malala Fund and how you can help, and so much more!
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
If you’re new to this podcast, and are looking for a world of inspiration, be sure to check out our previous episodes of Your Dream Life podcast.
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
“One of my favourite quotes by Malala Yousafzai is ‘Progress for women means progress for girls, and the world’ and Lalah is certainly one incredible woman helping Malala Fund in their mission to create this progress and help girls all around the world gain access to quality education.” Kristina Karlsson
‘I just love how her advice to her younger self would be to be more fearless and not let fear hold her back. Something we all need to remember, no matter what dream we are chasing.’ Kristina Karlsson
‘It is so heartbreaking to know that not everyone has the access to quality education that many of us take for granted. It has been an honour to partner with Malala Fund this year as their mission aligns perfectly with our kikki.K purpose of inspiring and empowering people all over the world to live their best life every day.’ Kristina Karlsson
OUR PROMISE TO MALALA FUND
kikki.K proudly supports Malala Fund in its quest to break down barriers of inequality and work toward a world where every girl can learn and lead. As part of the kikki.K x Malala Fund product collaboration and with your support, kikki.K will donate at least USD $100,000 to Malala Fund to help Malala Yousafzai chase her dream of a world where every girl can choose her own future.
Our beautiful kikki.K x Malala Fund Collection provides the perfect opportunity for people all over the world to join the movement in getting more girls to school. Adorned with a unique print – inspired by Malala’s love of colour and fashion – and powerful words from Malala herself, we, along with the Malala Fund encourage you to take them into your everyday lives for school, work and beyond this year and help share their message.
“I am so grateful for Kristina Karlsson and kikki.K’s support to help me achieve my dream of giving all girls around the world an education,” says Malala Yousafzai.
- Malala Fund: https://www.malala.org/
- Malala Fund Education Champions: https://www.malala.org/champions
- Lalah Rukh Fazal-Ur-Rahman: https://malala.org/champions/lalah-rukh-fazal-ur-rahman
- Science Fuse: https://sciencefuse.com/
- Sign up to Kristina’s Digital Dream Life Course here: https://www.yourdreamlifestartshere.com/
- Explore our Dream Life movement here: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Your Dream Life with Kristina Karlsson Podcast Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yourdreamlifepodcast/
Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them! Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers