Kristina’s first inspiring guest for 2021 is the incredible Dr Aseem Malhotra – an award-winning Cardiologist and co-author of the book The Pioppi Diet. A world-leading expert in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease, Dr Aseem is fast becoming known as one of the most influential cardiologists in the UK, leading the campaign against excess sugar consumption – or what he refers to as ‘Public Health Enemy Number 1.’
Founding Member and advisor to the campaign group, Action on Sugar – a charity group putting direct pressure on the government and food and drink industry to create a healthier food environment – Dr Aseem’s bold approach has motivated leading academics, the media and politicians to take notice and make sugar reduction a health priority in the UK.
For the start of this fresh new year, this conversation is the perfect one to share with you all. It’s a great reminder of the importance of following your passions and never giving up, and is full of ideas on how we can all start living a happier and healthier life, through making healthy food and lifestyle choices.
Keep listening to discover:
- Dr Aseem’s mission to create a healthier food environment for us all
- The simple lifestyle choices of people living in a small Italian village called Pioppi, who have an incredible life expectancy of 90!
- The importance of incorporating regular movement in your day
- How a strong sense of community and meaningful relationships can help you reduce stress and live a healthier life
- The importance of making food and lifestyle choices that improve your wellbeing, and tips on how to do this
- How we are all a work in progress, and we should always continue striving for our dream lives
- The importance of fighting for something you truly believe in, even if you face challenges along the way
- The power of living in the present, and remembering that whatever challenges you may be facing at the moment, these too will pass, and so much more!
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review! If you’re new to this podcast, and are looking for a world of inspiration, be sure to check out our previous episodes of Your Dream Life podcast.
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
“I just love Dr Aseem’s passion for fighting for the change he believes in, no matter what obstacles or challenges he has to face.” Kristina Karlsson
“I loved hearing all of his knowledge and ideas on how we can begin living happier and healthier lives, especially as we enter another New Year.” Kristina Karlsson
- Join Kristina’s FREE workshop: How to Make 2021 Your Best Year Yet: https://www.yourdreamlifestartshere.com/workshop
- Sign up to Kristina’s Digital Dream Life Course here: https://www.yourdreamlifestartshere.com/
- Dr Aseem Malhotra: https://doctoraseem.com/
- The Pioppi Diet, Dr Aseem Malhotra, Donal O’Neill: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35481311-the-pioppi-diet
- The Big Fat Fix: http://www.thebigfatfix.com/
- Action on Sugar: http://www.actiononsugar.org/
- Flourish, Martin E. P. Selignman: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9744812-flourish
- Happiness Studies Academy. Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar: https://www.happinessstudies.academy/cihs/?
- Happier, Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/302971.Happier
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4865.How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People
- The 5 Love Languages, Gary Chapman: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23878688-the-5-love-languages
- Explore our Dream Life movement here: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Your Dream Life with Kristina Karlsson Podcast Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yourdreamlifepodcast/
Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them! Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
Disclaimer: The information discussed in this podcast is of a general nature and is designed for informational purposes only. The content does not constitute medical or nutritional advice. If you have any concerns about your own health, you should always consult with a healthcare professional and seek your own medical advice before making any decisions related to your nutrition and health.