This episode (our 50th!) we introduce you to the incredible Kristine Carlson – a New York Times bestselling author and world-renowned speaker, who is passionate about spreading her message of waking up to life with joy and gratitude, even through all the ups and downs that come our way. Not only do Kristina and Kristina share an eerily similar name, but they are both passionate about the idea of living a dream life, a life you truly love.
After the tragic and unexpected loss of her husband, Dr. Richard Carlson (with whom she co-authored the legendary series of books: Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff), Kristine’s life was flipped upside down.
Incredibly though, after learning to heal and move herself forward, she admits to finding so many miracles in the midst of heartache – eventually learning more about herself and living her most vibrant life.
After hearing Kristine speak at a seminar years ago, Kristina was so inspired and has dreamt of have her as a guest on her podcast even since!
Just as she did with her husband, Kristine continues to dedicate her time to helping others to move through similar challenges and heartbreaks, helping people learn to stop ‘sweating the small stuff’, and go from ‘Heartbreak to Wholeness’ – which is also the title of her book.
In this wonderful episode, Kristine shares some of her favourite tips and tools for working through huge life changes and difficult times, as well as:
- Remembering that some things are bigger than us, and that sometimes we need to ask for help
- Tips for moving from a victim’s mindset to a hero’s mindset
- The importance of making choices that will move you along the path of healing rather than staying stuck
- Finding the silver linings and the gifts in life, even in the hardest times
- That grief, no matter how painful, is also a part of living
- Letting your fear guide you into greatness rather than hindering your progress
- The power of embracing the unknown
- The importance of seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary
- The power of letting go of expectations
- The importance of gratitude and meditation
- That dreams happen in baby steps, and so much more!
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
“The way Kristine has managed to find the silver linings throughout her life and teach others how to work through their difficult times is so inspiring.” Kristina Karlsson
“I really loved how she spoke about letting our fear guide us into greatness, rather than letting it stop us in our tracks. And how taking action is so important in moving forward, even if it’s just baby steps.” Kristina Karlsson
- Kristine Carlson: https://kristinecarlson.com/
- @kristine_carlson: https://www.instagram.com/kristine_carlson
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff: Live the Big Stuff Podcast: https://kristinecarlson.com/podcast/
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff Book Series, Dr. Richard Carlson and Kristine Carlson, and Courses: https://dontsweat.com/
- Heartbreak to Wholeness, Kristine Carlson: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250170435
- Heartbreak Open, Kristina Carlson: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7545136-heartbroken-open
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces (The Hero’s Journey) Joseph Campbell: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/588138.The_Hero_With_a_Thousand_Faces
- A Year to Live, Stephen Levine: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/371830.A_Year_to_Live
- A New Earth, Eckhart Tolle: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/76334.A_New_Earth
- Finding Your Way Home, Melanie Beattie: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/260486.Finding_Your_Way_Home_Soul_Survival_Kit_Tools_For_Discovering_Your_Emotional_And_Spiritual_Power
- When Things Fall Apart, Pema Chödrön: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/687278.When_Things_Fall_Apart?
- The Prophet, Kahil Gibran: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2547.The_Prophet?
- The Game of Life and How to Play It, Florence Scovel Shinn: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/626159.The_Game_of_Life_and_How_to_Play_It?
- Buddha’s Brain, Rick Hanson, Richard Mendius: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6796675-buddha-s-brain
- Dr. Daniel Amen: https://danielamenmd.com/
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Your Dream Life with Kristina Karlsson Podcast Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yourdreamlifepodcast/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them! Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers