This episode Kristina chats to Taryn Brumfitt, an incredible woman who, after paving her own journey to self-love, is now spreading her message of body positivity, at a time when the world needs it the most. An internationally-recognised speaker, best-selling author, director and passionate crusader behind The Body Image Movement, Taryn encourages us all to love the skin we’re in! Listen as her and Kristina discuss all things health, self-love and so much more.
The Body Image Movement believes that everyone has the right to love and embrace their body, regardless of shape, size, ethnicity or ability. What a wonderful message!
Author and director of the social-change documentary, Embrace, Taryn’s global crusade to end body dissatisfaction has seen her recognised by the United Nations Women, as well as being named alongside Beyoncé and Emma Watson in Brigitte Magazine’s ‘Woman of The Year’!
And with International Women’s Day (8 March) fresh in our minds, we couldn’t imagine a better time to bring you this episode, with a truly inspiring woman who is using her voice to empower others and encourage everyone to love the skin they’re in.
In this wonderful episode, you will learn:
- About Taryn’s own personal experience of learning to love her body
- How to find the magic in parts of your body that you may not currently love
- The important difference between moving your body and intense exercise
- That embracing your body does not mean being unhealthy, it’s about loving your body and doing the right things for you and your health
- That you don’t always have to stick to rigid rules to be healthy
- The importance of looking after yourself first, so you can be of better service to others as well
- The importance of checking in regularly with your goals and dreams
- That we should all embrace more ‘Sparkle Activities’ that bring us joy and make us feel alive
- The power of pausing to appreciate all the wonderful things in your life, and being grateful for what you have
- How to change how we see our bodies – they are not just to be looked at, they are designed to feel, and do, and enjoy
- And so much more!
If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for plenty more inspiration! And please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
And please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
“Self-love and self-care are so important, and yet it’s often something we forgot about as our schedules become more and more full. I just love Taryn’s advice that self-care should be simple and that we should enjoy ourselves when getting active and fuelling our body.” Kristina Karlsson
“I love how Taryn encourages us to remember that our body is not an ornament; it is the vehicle to our dreams.What a wonderful way to think of our incredible bodies!” Kristina Karlsson
- Taryn Brumfitt: https://tarynbrumfitt.com/
- The Body Image Movement: https://bodyimagemovement.com/
- Embrace Documentary: https://bodyimagemovement.com/embrace/
- Embrace Yourself, Taryn Brumfitt: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40797547-embrace-yourself
- Winging It, Emma Isaacs: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/40102458-winging-it
- Work Strife Balance, Mia Freedman: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/34309539-work-strife-balance
- Becoming, Michelle Obama: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38746485-becoming
- Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- Dream Life Journal: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/shop-by/collection/dream-life/
- 101 Dreams Audio Guide: https://www.kikki-k.com/au/dreamlife.html
- Our dream is to inspire and empower 101 million people around the world, just like you, to write down three dreams, and go chase them! Don’t forget to help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers