One thing we know for certain is that our world is constantly changing, sometimes positively, sometimes in unexpected and not-so-welcome ways. And while we may often feel out of control and unsure when these unwanted moments and chapters of our life arise, these (more than any other time) are the times we can benefit the most from finding – and focusing on – the positives – for yourself, for others, for the world. Seeking those silver linings to help you through the challenges.
As we turn the page on another chapter and continue to focus on creating the best 2020 Pt. 2 that we can, we’re shifting our mindset to Focus on the Good – and are here to help you do the same! Plus, we’ve created a FREE downloadable to help you on your way.
Remember, no matter what is happening in your life, there is always, always, always something or someone to be thankful for. Particularly in times of uncertainty or moments in life that are beyond our control, there is one thing within our control that can make the world of difference: Gratitude.
Feeling gratitude – and better yet – expressing it, can instantly shift our mindset, increase our happiness and even enhance our wellbeing. Let us help guide you on your gratitude journey and inspire you to express gratitude the kikki.K way.
BENEFITS OF GRATITUDE
The benefits of living a more thankful way of life are many. When we really pause to reflect on our lives, we realise we have so much to be grateful for. But how often do we take the time to do this? To focus on the positives, especially during the more challenging times.
No matter how big or small, unique or challenging, making a point of treasuring moments in your day will help change your outlook on life for the positive.
Here are just a few of the most common benefits to keep in mind…
– Gratitude can enhance happiness, which in turn, can have a positive effect on all areas of your life.
– When you focus on the positive, you are training your mind to think positively, and thinking positively can lead to thinking happy.
– Research suggests that writing in a Gratitude Journal for just a few minutes a day can increase individual wellbeing by over 10%!
– Expressing gratitude has been shown to decrease stress levels and improve relationships, both personal and professional – as both parties can feel valued and loved.
– Gratitude can help us live in the present and see the beauty around us – no matter what is happening in our world.
SIMPLE WAYS TO PRACTISE GRATITUDE
Here are some of our favourite – and simple – ways you can invite more gratitude into your everyday.
1. Set a little time aside each day (it can be as little as 5 minutes) to reflect on the things youʼre most thankful for. Choose a quiet space where you can reflect on your life and finish this sentence:
Three things I’m grateful for today are…..
2. Start a Gratitude Journal that you write in every day. You can use the above sentence as a prompt, or you can get even deeper and use questions like these spark inspiration:
– Who are you thankful to have in your life, and why?
– What are you grateful to have in your life, and why?
– What experiences are you happy to have had?
3. Start a gratitude message group with your friends, where you list the three things you’re grateful for each day, and share it with each other. There can be so much gained from sharing the things you’re thankful for, and also connecting with loved ones and hearing what others appreciate in life.
4. Think about someone you’re truly grateful for, and write them a small note, letter or greeting card expressing your appreciation for them. Tell them how grateful you are that they’re in your life, and why.
5. Be mindful of moments in each day, and if something wonderful happens, take the time to celebrate it. Even if it’s just a small minute where you smile to yourself about something you’ve achieved or something beautiful you’ve seen – be grateful it happened and let that gratitude sink in.
As a special treat to help you focus on the good, we’ve created some Gratitude Prompts for you to download for free. Find a quiet space, block some time in your dairy to embrace a moment of gratitude and consider some positives. No matter what is happening in your world, we hope you enjoy the benefits.
So, remember, no matter how difficult this year has been, there is so much to be gained by taking a moment to Focus on the Good. There is still so much to be thankful for, so many silver linings – some big and some small. Sometimes it just takes a moment for us to stop and notice them them!